Health & Safety
All of our staff carry up-to-date CSCS cards which prove that they have received training specific to their area of work and have achieved relevant qualifications. We acknowledge that a construction site is a high-risk working environment. Therefore, it is crucial that we do everything in our power to prevent accidents from happening. We do this in each of the following ways:
- Personal protective equipment. We provide PPE that is fit for purpose for every one of our members of staff who are working in a risky environment. Whether that be steel toe caped boots, hard hats or ear defenders we will ensure that our employees are properly equipped to do their job safely.
- Tool box talks. We require all members of staff to attend our regular toolbox talks. These meetings focus on workplace hazards and how to stay safe on the construction site. This helps to keep all of our staff up-to-date with the latest developments and provides a refresher on training they have already received.
- Asbestos Awareness. All our Employees hold UKATA asbestos awareness certificates which are renewed every 12 months.
- Risk assessments. For every single project that we begin, we create method statements and risk assessments that are discussed with all members of staff working on the project and then held on site for reference for the entire duration of the project.
- Inspections. We carry out regular inspections on our construction sites to ensure that health and safety regulations are being adhered to.
QCS take a preventative approach to health and safety and we do everything we can to minimise risk. We place a strong emphasis on training our staff and communicating protocols clearly in order to empower employees with the information and equipment they need to stay safe on site.
As a forward-thinking company, QCS seek to portray an image of cleaner, greener construction in the modern age. We believe that all organisations have a part to play in the protection of the environment and that everybody should be willing to make a contribution. Therefore, we have made the following commitments for an environmentally friendly future:
- We seek to minimise our carbon footprint.
- We aim to reduce waste and improve efficiency by optimising the use of resources.
- We commit to compliance with environmental legislation and regulations, fulfilling our obligations wherever required.
- We will implement plans to reduce the environmental impact of each of our projects by identifying environmental risks and taking steps to minimise these risks.
- We will teach employees about our environmental commitments and train them to recognise potential environmental risks. We will aim to motivate them to participate in the achievement of our goals and aims.
- We will seek innovative solutions to reduce our environmental impact, whilst maintaining our high standards of quality, and commitment to health and safety.
- We aim to find long-term sustainable solutions for a greener future.
- We will improve our energy efficiency to reduce emissions.
- We will discuss with our clients the importance of including good environmental policies in the design process.
- We will seek renewable resources wherever possible.
- We will seek to protect the flora and fauna in the vicinity of our projects.
- We will aim to keep noise pollution to a minimal.
What our customers say
“For almost 3 years I have been using QCS for all aspects of works here at the Ridings Shopping Centre. Their staff are always professional and adhere to all different requirements you would expect for a live shopping centre to have with vast amounts of customers/tenants in the area at any one time. Costs are always competitive and very reasonable considering the level of work being carried out on site is always to a high standard. We will and have recommended them to other centre’s within our portfolio.”
“After shopping around, I finally picked out QCS Ltd to replace my garage flat roof – rather large 7+ x 7+ Meters or around 50 Sq Mts., using an up-to-date Rubber compound over new wood which was 18mm thick – life 25 years. Took just a shade in time over what I though they would do it in, but there was a reason, quality, as the finished roof is fantastic with attention to detail, especially where corners etc. were concerned. Truly, I’m well satisfied, in fact ‘over the moon’”
“I have used QCS several times for a range of different jobs from large scale house refurbishments to smaller maintenance jobs. The work has included advice on design and materials, plumbing, building work, electrical, decorating, tiling and at times a mix of everything! The quotes have always been competitive and the quality of service outstanding with fast response times where needed. Nothing has ever been too much trouble. I would not hesitate in recommending QCS to anyone looking for a high quality value for money service.”
“We use QCS Ltd on a regular basis they are reliable and efficient throughout, from the first phone call to the end product. We would to happy to recommend to others.”
“I have had a strong working relationship with QCS for many years and have always been happy with the quality of their work, the service provided and their attention to detail. Running a residential care home brings with it a particular set of challenges and QCS have always worked hard to ensure that the home is fully operational when work is carried out”